Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Cuda finished! 11-16-13

Dragfreak

balancer finished and waterpump put together, still more detail to add to it.

balancer

103_0710_zpsf9233d05.jpg

waterpump, I need to trim the right side of it and add a cap to the end and add flanges and paint.

103_0711_zps4d76d7ab.jpg

103_0713_zps2336dcbc.jpg

I would really appreciate any feedback you have

Edited by Dragfreak

Great scratchbuilding! It sure does help when there is a 1:1 car where it is possible to check measures and how the parts really look and work. Both, the balancer and water pump are looking very good, just like real parts.

Great scratchbuilding! It sure does help when there is a 1:1 car where it is possible to check measures and how the parts really look and work. Both, the balancer and water pump are looking very good, just like real parts.

Thanks niko! It's a huge help have two 1:1's outside because you can look at the part from different angles rather than in pictures only being able to see a few different sides of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heres what ive accomplished, new dominator finished completely scratch built fittings and fuel regulator and then all painted, as you can see I need to do touch a few areas up. also I scratched the lines from the master cylinder to the distribution block.

103_0731_zps5adb6fb0.jpg

103_0738_zpsb303ab60.jpg

103_0748_zps830dc70a.jpg

103_0739_zps9851f469.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

That is looking very good. Nice to see it back on the bench! Great work with the Pressure Regulator and those fuel lines look really good too. Funny thing is that Yesterday I scratchbuilt one Fuel Pressure Regulator for my '71 Barracuda and today I have to do another one... At the same time you did the same thing with yours.

Nice work!

If i may make a suggestion, you can vastly improve the look of those front parking/turn lights. First trace their outline on thin tape (Tamiya). Then holding them face up under your finger rub on sand paper until the back falls away from the raised chrysler symbol. Now cut clear plastic sheet using the tape templates and glue the symbols on. As i recall i painted the recess in the valance silver and used a pin head painted yellow for the bulb.

Joe.

really nice job on this cuda god i wish i was 14 years old again my youngest daughter is 14 getting old sucks, and why cant they make decals any more that dont fall apart it happens to me all the time and it bites. your doing a great job on this cuda i think i built about 20 of these over the years its a pretty good kit keep up the good work.

That is looking very good. Nice to see it back on the bench! Great work with the Pressure Regulator and those fuel lines look really good too. Funny thing is that Yesterday I scratchbuilt one Fuel Pressure Regulator for my '71 Barracuda and today I have to do another one... At the same time you did the same thing with yours.

Nice work!

Thanks Niko!

Nice scratch building on the fuel components, it looks really good.

Thank you Jonathan!

If i may make a suggestion, you can vastly improve the look of those front parking/turn lights. First trace their outline on thin tape (Tamiya). Then holding them face up under your finger rub on sand paper until the back falls away from the raised chrysler symbol. Now cut clear plastic sheet using the tape templates and glue the symbols on. As i recall i painted the recess in the valance silver and used a pin head painted yellow for the bulb.

Joe.

I have a little bit of clear sheet ill give it a try!

really nice job on this cuda god i wish i was 14 years old again my youngest daughter is 14 getting old sucks, and why cant they make decals any more that dont fall apart it happens to me all the time and it bites. your doing a great job on this cuda i think i built about 20 of these over the years its a pretty good kit keep up the good work.

Thank you much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

well through algebra 2, biology, and advanced lanquage arts all as a freshman I have had almost zero build time but im making it work, heres a small update,

not loving the cowl fit but hey its the best I could do for it fit wise

103_0817_zps91a6bf9f.jpg

painted engine bay, just need to fill the base of windshield area and paint it too

103_0824_zps0da08f1c.jpg

the mesh and headlights, all of this will be covered and not seen

103_0822_zpsfd357640.jpg

and just one of the side, im very proud of myself seeing how nice the paint looks

103_0819_zps55c0f89f.jpg

comments, and suggestions welcomed!

Edited by Dragfreak