Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1975 Dart Sport & 1971 Demon 340

1972coronet

I can hardly wait for the up-coming reissue of the MPC 1975-1976 Dart Sport and the backdated MPC 1971 Demon 340 from Round2 !!

I would love to see some of my fellow forum members' builds of these gems ; the more the better !

Also , please describe in detail what modifications you've performed (kitbashing , etc.) , how old your build is (e.g. , built back in 1971 or 1976 , or whatever) , and what --if any-- resources you've employed for your build(s) (factory brochures , photos of originals / modifieds , etc.).

Have a great week everyone !

This was my resin Demon from Model Resin and the AMT Duster kit...

Demon35.jpg

Demon37.jpg

And this is the Duster 340 from AMT...

Duster43.jpg

Duster46.jpg

I didn't have the proper decals for the Demon so I fudged a bit and used older decals from the old Dodge Challenger kit. Not too bad I guess.

Edited by Drake69

I like the R/T decals on that Demon , Allen ! Reminds me of something one would see in Brasil or Mexico ( and , believe me , I mean that in the most complimentery way ! It looks great !).

The wheels on your Duster look righteous ! Love its interior , too !

Keep up the great work !

Let's see some more builds , guys :)

I haven't built my Duster kit yet because I'd like to find a base Valiant Duster grille. It's different than the 340 shark gill deal. Can't wait for the Demon kit!! Here's a promo '75 Dart Sport in Yellow Blaze that I did a painted roof section on, and used the correct hubcaps from Missing Link.

kit%252075%2520dart%25201.JPG

Alan , I love your '75 Sport !

I've seen it before , and I never get tired of seeing it !

I , too , have a promo Sport : a 1975 , also in Y1 Blaze Yellow ! Bought it back in '91 at a swap meet for five dollars . It's in perfect condition ; however , its original box was gone when I bought the promo (no big deal to me !).

I still have to buy a set or two of those gorgeous 1972-1976 Dodge W11 Deluxe Wheel Covers from Missing Link !

Alan , I love your '75 Sport !

I've seen it before , and I never get tired of seeing it !

I , too , have a promo Sport : a 1975 , also in Y1 Blaze Yellow ! Bought it back in '91 at a swap meet for five dollars . It's in perfect condition ; however , its original box was gone when I bought the promo (no big deal to me !).

I still have to buy a set or two of those gorgeous 1972-1976 Dodge W11 Deluxe Wheel Covers from Missing Link !

Thanks man. Yeah, I've had it in the Under Glass section before. I sure do recommend those wheel covers, they are casted and plated beautifully, and had no problem fitting into some old Firestone Supreme white walls. There's only so many A bodies in a collection that can wear Rallies!!