Model Cars Magazine Forum

kit in bag

kdriesenga

I found a funny car kit in a bag.The body is a Olds 442.There are no instructions or decals.The bag has a yellow strip that says Auto World Grab Bag.Does anyone know what this is and if there was a real funny car like this?Thank you for any help.

There used to be a mail order company for models,tools and parts named Auto World,sounds like maybe just a grabbag of funny car parts from them.

I'm not familiar with that kit but I'm old enough to have bought from Auto World and I remember the grab bags! They were $1.00 added to your order. I decided to try one once expecting that I'd get a few decals or something but instead I got a complete 1/32 scale Revell Ferrari GTO slot car (easily worth over $100.00 mint now). I was blown away! In fact, I restored it and put in a new motor a couple of years ago. Anyway, from then on I always got the $1.00 grab bags and they were always awesome!

If it is JoHan there probably was not a real funny car prototype. They did alot of funny cars that used the same bodies as the stock kits, it probably has door handles and windshield wipers etc.

The Hurst Hairy Olds has radiused wheel wells front and back as well as front and back openings for the blowers. It is a Monogram.

Sounds like a fun find. How cool. ;)

• 3 weeks later...