Model Cars Magazine Forum

31 Nash: way beyond "Rat Fiink" Coupe: new project 5/9/13

John Teresi

Hello........thank you all very much for the kind comments..........it really means allot :) ........I made a floor pan and painted it Alclad and all the interior upholstery H.O.K. snow white pearl over a white base coat........I also made a throttle linkage set up and used a few "Pro Tech" linkage brackets and nut and bolt ends.........I also made a oil pressure gage using "Pro Tech" gauge face and bracket........and also made a coil........I will work on the dash tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF8127_zps8471c6ff.jpg

DSCF8128_zps5c53ecd9.jpg

DSCF8129_zpsccd67a92.jpg

DSCF8136_zps77a44031.jpg

DSCF8138_zps5e2c2236.jpg

The engine details look nice and the trunk area is pretty far out.

I don't understand why the engine is mounted at such an extreme angle though? Doesn't seem like it's necessary for ground clearance or any other reason? Is the real car that way?

Edit - Just went back and looked and the engine in the real car is nearly level and in line with the differential. If you're going for scale fidelity what you have done would never work. Kind of undermines all the extra detailing. Just sayin'...

I don't know about the pictures you are looking at, but from looking at the real car, (which I have inspected very closely as I have watched this car develop from "scrap to show worthy) the engine does sit level with the ground,, sort of, but the severe angle of the chassis at ride height results in the outlandish appearance of the engine in relation to the chassis, it is one of those "optical dillusions" lol.

I would pay money to see you do what you do , there is Elvis , The Beatles and Stones , and John Teresi ,, beyond amazing , I still don't know if this is inspiration , or depression , if I view your builds as inspiration I just keep adding months of work to my icky Corvette build , if I use your builds as depression I can have the corvette finished in 2 weeks , you really are mega talented

Edited by CrazyGirl

Hello........thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them :) .......I made a fire wall and used "ProTech" nut and bold ends and painted it H.O.K. white........I also made dash board and gauge cluster.........I used "Pro Tech" gauge faces,nut and bolt ends and painted the dash H.O.K. Kandy organic green and H.O.K. white.........I modified a steering wheel and painted it H.O.K kandy organic green and used chrome foil.........I also made a Hurst Shifter and painted H.O.K. Kandy organic green........I attached the brake and gas pedal and painted them Alclad.......and I also made some seat belts........I still need to attach the shift and gas pedal cables........I will get the body ready for primer tomrrow .........thanks for looking.

DSCF8168_zps541d3713.jpg

DSCF8145_zpse12c047a.jpg

DSCF8146_zps1c124754.jpg

DSCF8153_zpsba41b525.jpg

DSCF8155_zpsee3d8e3d.jpg

DSCF8157_zps569bb5da.jpg

John,

How do you do those pinstripes, especially the ones on the dash? Really tiny brush? Elves?

Hi Dean........the pin stripes on the dash or decals from the Revell Mercury kit........the pin stripes on the chassis and blower belt are hand painted with a tiny brush........thanks

Hi Dean........the pin stripes on the dash or decals from the Revell Mercury kit........the pin stripes on the chassis and blower belt are hand painted with a tiny brush........thanks

Thanx, John. You using a 10-0 or something smaller?

I don't know about the pictures you are looking at, but from looking at the real car, (which I have inspected very closely as I have watched this car develop from "scrap to show worthy) the engine does sit level with the ground,, sort of, but the severe angle of the chassis at ride height results in the outlandish appearance of the engine in relation to the chassis, it is one of those "optical dillusions" lol.

Looking at the pictures of the real car on page one of this thread shows the engine clearly looks to be tilted up, (like John's model)...

Looking at the pictures of the real car on page one of this thread shows the engine clearly looks to be tilted up, (like John's model)...

I also went back and looked, I have to agree with you about the real car and the model. The engine tilt looks to be the same tilt on both the model and the real car.