Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barely 'cuda Ii Engine Question...

Well Guys, Barely 'Cuda II is officially in progress. I still haven't decided on the color but it is a Full detail build, and syling wise will look completely different from Barely 'Cuda I. I've decided to go with a Fuel injected Hemi for power, but want the best looking Hemi with the most detail. When the front end is tilted up you will be able to see the whole engine so it needs to be right. I will be posting pictures soon but the basic look of the car is similar to the drawing below my posts.

Edited by Darin Bastedo

Looking forward to watching this transpire. Big fan of Barely Cuda I. In my opinion, the best looking kitted Hemi is the Landy Charger-Revell/Monogram. I feel that it has a great amount of detail for 360 degree viewing. Add a custom intake and/or fuel injection and WOW!

I have a few if you want one.

Jay

As far as 1/24th, I would stick with the later B body ones (68 Coronet, 69 Charger, 67 GTX, etc). For some reason, I seam to remember the one in my Pro modeler 69 Charger having a little extra detail, but I dont know what. You might want to look at the Cuda one since it looks like you may be smoothing, blending & custom fabbing parts to bring it up to date (and that one has little detail to sand off). I am surprised you are not going with a V10 in it. The Sidewinder would be a good source for that. Keep us posted.

yeah, I will second the monogram Hemi. I believe that it is the same engine in all of their hemi-motivated mopars of late. I know that the one in the 67 GTX even has stamping numbers molded to the block!!! I believe though, that it is 1/25th.

Alright, sorry,1 I thought 1/24 scale cars would be bigger than 1/25 cars. Whatever scale they are, the Coronet, GTX, Charger are made by R/M who made the Cuda in the same scale, and are the bigger ones. As for the 1/25, or 1/24, or whatever the smaller one is, I would use the one that is in the 71 Charger Street Machine version (Orange "Super Bee"). It was a new tool and very detailed.

Sorry for the confusion.

Darin, I agree with the sound of the V10. Have you heard that red/orange one? I saw it going down Brice road at Mopar Nationals and it sounded like a muscular Indy car (deeper sounding) as it spun the tires down the road and up the bridge over I-70. It converted me.

Edited by mikelo

If I remember correctly, the heads and such from the DOHC hemi in the AMT coronet kit would work on the Mono 1/24th hemi. The heads and valve covers seem a bit oversized for 1/25th. They might actually look about right on the Mono engine. Then it all depends on what you want to use for induction as to where it might come from. Either way, I am sure you will let us know!!!!!