Model Cars Magazine Forum

I been slowly working on my 41 Chevy for the past two weeks ,just adding things as they popped into my head. The idea behind this build is the truck was dragged out of an old barn. The new owner wanted to redo everything but his wallet soon brought that idea to a halt.The new game plan is to put new running gear under it and drive it till he can afford to finish the paint and body work. The body has plenty of dents but the rot isnt too extreme, the wooden bed floor is usable as is and with the new wide whites, steelies and baby moons it has aliitle class.The new sun visor adds to the traditional style of the truck. The engine is a small block chevy from a Switchers kit ,that Ive added 6 R&M Stromberg carbs to with frog mouth scoops. The plug wires are already on but mostly hidden because I had to run them under the headers. To feed this thirsty beast 2 aluminum beer kegs will be mounted in the bed. The front suspension now consists of a relocated front axle to the top of the springs,while the rear got "c" notched and the srings were relocated higher also. More pics soon as progress contiues.

post-1439-0-53682200-1369276116_thumb.jp

post-1439-0-37017000-1369276142_thumb.jp

post-1439-0-97113000-1369276176_thumb.jp

post-1439-0-94827300-1369276196_thumb.jp

post-1439-0-36631900-1369276218_thumb.jp

Edited by gonzo64nova

Very well done. I'm super critical on beaters and worn vehicles, but you did your homework and got your details correct. I especially like the torn fender, the strategic dent on the roof and the absolutely correct rust pattern for that vehicle. Kudos!