Model Cars Magazine Forum

My First Nascar build Bobby Isaac

ratnasty

Hello guys I have never built a nascar before but I love the winged warriors, so I took on building Bobby Isaac Daytona Charger . I started with a Revell Daytona Charger and used the interior bucket and chassis from that car . I have put in a roll cage frome a Polar Lights Torino and have PPP wheels and tires.Here is the start of the car mocked up and I know I have to remove the wing window , but here is where I need some help .

Is the stance on the car correct

Do the front fenders need to be radius out more

Do I touch the rear quarters or leave them alone

and does the ride height for the car look correct

any help will be appreciated guys

thanks Chuck

DSCI1725-vi.jpg

DSCI1726-vi.jpg

DSCI1728-vi.jpg

Thanks guys for all of your comments and support , I was justing burned out on drag cars so I started this to break it up a little . Bruce thanks about the rear tires you are correct I need to raise the body just a hair and I think the stance will be right . LOL this is a new ground for me ,I have the drag cars figuired out but like I said this is a whole new ball game

thanks Chuck

oh Chris I sent you a PM

well I got the base color on and color sanded and the rear block offplate made which I drew in Corel and printed on the plastic with my Alps . Never tried it on plastic untill today and I worked great

thanks Chuck

and thanks for everyones help

well guys I played with the body this weekend and got it painted and put the decals I made for it on and cleared, now I'll start finishing up the chassis so I can get it painted. Here are some pics. I'm happy with it for being my 1st nascar thou its probally not 100% correct , but it has been fun

thanks Chuck