Model Cars Magazine Forum

Prostreet Superbird?

Thanks! I'm not looking for a direct swap in, but I figured if someone had done one or knew of something that could be made to work, it'd beat scratching an all new chassis (which is beyond my current skill set). I'll track one of those down and see how it sorts out.

What kit are you using as a base?

I treally is a difference of scales as the Johan kits are a bit smaller.

The AMT Road Runner/GTX/Super Bee pro-street kits should work just fine with little modification.

You can shift the front clip forward or back to deal with wheel base differeences if needed.

Thanks for the input! As in my first post, I'm using the Revell/Monogram Superbird (1/24). I have the '55 Chevy pro sportsman, but its half built. I might have the stock Roadrunner chassis, I can use that to see if it'll be close enough. The list of things I want to try on this one is growing, hopefully I won't get in over my head!

Thanks for the input! As in my first post, I'm using the Revell/Monogram Superbird (1/24). I have the '55 Chevy pro sportsman, but its half built. I might have the stock Roadrunner chassis, I can use that to see if it'll be close enough. The list of things I want to try on this one is growing, hopefully I won't get in over my head!

Getting over your head is one way to learn how to swim better.

Dale

Scaledale, true, but my swimming is more aimless thrashing then actual swimming!

I actually have two '67 (I think) green "Max Rat" prostreet Chevells that i didnt know i had in a parts box, it's chassis is very close, and the stock chassis for the AMT roadrunner/GTX/Super bee is close as well. Between the two I can build one to fit. Thanks for the help! I'll try to post pics of my progress!

I can't think of any 1/24 in Pro Street chassis which will be a drop in fit. If you used the 1/25 JO-HAN Superbird body, the AMT '70 Coronet Super Bee Pro Street chassis work be an excellent donor. I've never checked the wheelbases on the 1/24 Monogram (Revell) '69-'70 Mopar B-bodies against the 1/25 AMT/MPC and JO-HAN kits, but don't think they would match up due to the scale difference.

Ratnasty, that looks good, but I've got zero experience with resin!

Tooltas, I've been a Dodge man most of my life, so I'd only use the back end, which isn't stock Chevy, so it's ok!

Hvymtl, that's the plan I'm going with, the Chevy tubs should go onto the stock chassis without massive rebuilding.

I'm also planning a removable front end, blown engine (not sure if I'm using the 440 or a Hemi yet), opening trunk, and various PE sets I've had laying about. Should be interesting! I know nothing of racing, and usually stick to building factory stock, so this'll be a bit outside the box for me.