Model Cars Magazine Forum

'90 LX

Builder04

Started building the new Mustang this evening. As you can see it has a 6" hood, spoiler, both scratch built, and my first time at that. I have some putty work to do on the hood, but fingers crossed I continue to take my time so I don't mess up. I was also thinking of filling the quarter windows (circled) and smoothing it out so it looks as there was never a window there.... Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks guys.

20130601_003310-picsay.jpg

I think it'd look fine.

I don't seem to remember being able to see much out of them when I had my 5.0.

Besides, I'm assuming there will be something potent under that 6" hood so you'd only need the rear view mirror and window :)

I had an '89, and they were tinted 5% black, so I didnt see much either lol. I guess Im just worried that it'll look weird without that window there, if that makes sense.

Little progress on the hood and spoiler today. Got both sanded down and first two coats of primer on. Going to do a little touch up sanding then one more coat of primer should do it before paint. Also, figured out paint scheme today. The yellow tape is where silver will be, and the main body color is going to be a metallic orange. Debating whether or not to add the fender stripes as well. And this car was going to be my first scratch built car, but someone has contacted me about converting it to a drag slot car. But I'll still keep posting progress pictures to show off a little of my beginner skills haha.

20130601_160643.jpg

Nice start, love the hood...

Thanks. I've never built one before, so it took me a few hours to get all the measurements and angles right. But now that I have the idea and concept down, it should get faster and faster.