Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bob Glidden Ford Fairmont 1/24 Scale

Plasticfanatic

Well, I put the Bob Glidden name on the doors and several more decals on the car that where missing, still have to finish the pin-stripping on the car and put the clear topcoat. Then move to the engine/chassis..........I wonder if this project will be finish some day, every time I started working on it something happen that it goes back to the storage box!!! :lol:

Fred

Well, I put the Bob Glidden name on the doors and several more decals on the car that where missing, still have to finish the pin-stripping on the car and put the clear topcoat. Then move to the engine/chassis..........I wonder if this project will be finish some day, every time I started working on it something happen that it goes back to the storage box!!! :blink:

Fred

Very Very Kool!! Ever think of doing some resin copies. I guarentee they will sell very quickly.

Thanks for all the nice comments on the B.Glidden Fairmont, this models started life as a AMT 1965 Pontiac GTO with a front clip extension from a Roadrunner a little amount of plastic sheet and putty. When I started the project it was just an experiment of a theory I had for building a scale pro stock Fairmont, it is an ongoing project and never cross my mind that it will be a popular subject in the model community, I did't take pictures of the construction steps and conversion of the GTO to Fairmont body from the begining....a big mistake from my part, it's not a perfect model but I like it a lot.

Again THANKS for all the positive comments on this build.

Fred