Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Charger

tktom24

I have decided to move this to it's own thread. This model will be a curb side as I am concentrating on

paint and stance on this car.

This is where I started. Old MPC charger body and interior, with a Johan Superbird chassis pan. The

wheels are an experiment (that went way wrong). As you can see the body has been shaved and smoothed.

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

New wheels and better stance. Primer is Rust-o-leum black sandable. (Good stuff in my book)

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

The paint that I used is, Model Master custom lacquer system black. The car has not been polished yet

,but turned out good, I think.

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

Sorry for bad pics.

Tell me what you think.

I can be at that shop in 5 mins. They have a lot of things going on there on Saturday mornings.

I'm glad you guys like the Charger. This project is a first for me, I try to over engineer model projects, and end up making a mess. I needed to go in a different direction.

Sometimes, you jus have to let go and follow a hunch and the next thing you know, the kit is in the display shelf!! I hope to visit that hobby shop upon my return to that area. I haven't been in well over 7 years!! I'm glad it's still open!! Take care!! B)

LOL, been there many times for supplies, a great little store, I'm fixing to head there soon.

You should be VERY close to The Hobby Shop on S.R. 741 (721?) not too far from the Dayton Mall. I dig the Charger by the way!! I was born in Dayton. B)