Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 '69 nitrous pro mod camaro

comp1839

Dave... This just keeps getting better. I swear if I didn't know it was a model I would thing this is the real deal. Your work is incredible and very inspiring. Are you sure you don't have a miniature tube notcher.... ;) I have been trying to figure out how to design some tooling fixture that could work with dermal or something to notch tubing. Dave I do the same as you with filing the tubing to cope it so it mount to the next tube. The one problem I have sometimes is that I don't always get it center with filing by hand as to why I wanted to design some sort of tooling

I can't wait to see your next update. Keep up the awesome work my friend!

thanks scott and ray. the gold material is brass. i machined the brackets from 1/8 brass flat bar. they are brass because they will be soldered directly to the chassis.

Brass, yes, should'a seen that...I've got aluminum on the brain.

Chassis work looks great!

bill, thanks!! appreciate you looking in.

chris, we'll have to work on a miniature tubing notcher!!! it will come in handy for some of your future projects!

ray, i have the same affliction at times. me and the captain can usually sort it out.

just for you scott.

DSCF1926_zps8cc8bfb5.jpg

DSCF1925_zps5fb9ec23.jpg

DSCF1924_zps75be7840.jpg

sean, james, steven and justin, thank you. i appreciate your kind thoughts.

i'm in the process of trying to make a fiberglass seat tub for the camaro. i'm not really a fiberglas expert so i'm taking my time. maybe in a day or two i'll have a finished product. for now i put the chassis on some blocks so i could level the body on the chassis.

DSCN3671_zpsea94144e.jpg

i put the engine into the chassis at the correct location and then put the nose on the car to check the clearance of the valve covers to the hood. the engine is a pretty close representation of a 5.2 bore space engine. it is way bigger than a factory big block. also making sure the body has the appropriate "bow" in the hood. if you lookclosely you'll see there is about 1/32 or so clearance. at the front of the valve cover. all is good.

thank you mike. with the quality of your work. i really doubt i'm helping much. when we gonna see another from you?

thanks chris. next update is here, hehe. i can't wait to see your funny car finished. it will be epic. i also can't wait to see what you have in store for us!!!!!!!!

put the funny car cage on. working on the mid plate mounting to the frame. when that's complete we can continue on with the center of the car.

DSCN3741_zps6413b5ae.jpg

DSCN3742_zps5ad56679.jpg

DSCN3743_zpsa096db23.jpg

DSCN3745_zpsc3fd78f8.jpg