Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 '69 nitrous pro mod camaro

comp1839

thanks to all of you guys for responding!!!! much appreciated.

mitch, nope, the wheel isn't supposed to be that way. i made an error in my calculation at the bottom of the spoke and i thought i could live with it. hehe. turns out i can't. i started a new set of front wheels earlier in the week. they will be black anodized (instead of being painted black) and then the spoke details machined. so, they should look as good as the the real ones weld produces.

thanks, wayne!

thank you richard!

well, i couldn't take the front wheels any more. those decals looks soooo good that now i have to step up and make the wheels with out the boo - boo's.

here are the wheel blanks. sending them out for black anodize on monday.

DSCN4992_zps3ff2b1fc.jpg

Edited by comp1839

thanks john. i can honestly say no, i haven't thought about doing a video. i guess mostly because there are already so many excellent videos out there by people who actually know what they're doing. for me do do one, would seem almost senseless. thanks for the thought though! if you have any specific questions i might be able to help with, please, feel free to ask.

thanks henry!

i had some time tonight to play with one of the wheels. i think it's turning out pretty good.

DSCN5036_zpsda477980.jpg

DSCN5038_zps54290717.jpg

i'll try to get the other done tomorrow. then i need to add the lettering decals and perform a small milling mark between the words.