Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lucas Oil / MAV TV Pro Stock Mustang

ScaleDale

A second try with this reply... Last time I hit the "Back" button from my mouse. <_<

Fantastic work! Those body modifications are spectacular, I know I couldn't have done this conversion any better. And it sure looks like Mustang Pro Stocker. The combination between white and red areas on the paint job, is perfect and color combo is good. Chassis work is totally impressive also. Congrats. But (And this is very small "But") maybe a bit more glossy paint job would look even better? Of course it's possible too, that the pics don't show the shine so well (Always a problem of mine). Maybe a bit more detailing to the engine and frame too? But don't get me wrong, it is a fantastic build, and as said earlier, I couldn't have done this any better.

A second try with this reply... Last time I hit the "Back" button from my mouse. <_<

Fantastic work! Those body modifications are spectacular, I know I couldn't have done this conversion any better. And it sure looks like Mustang Pro Stocker. The combination between white and red areas on the paint job, is perfect and color combo is good. Chassis work is totally impressive also. Congrats. But (And this is very small "But") maybe a bit more glossy paint job would look even better? Of course it's possible too, that the pics don't show the shine so well (Always a problem of mine). Maybe a bit more detailing to the engine and frame too? But don't get me wrong, it is a fantastic build, and as said earlier, I couldn't have done this any better.

Thanks for the comments, Niko. I used a semi-gloss finish coat for this build. The cars I see at the track are nice and clean but none of them have that show quality gloss. If anything, it needs a bit of burned rubber around the rear wheel wells...;) As for the chassis detail, there's a full 4 link from Future Attraction and coil over suspension that I scratch built hidden behind those tires. Beyond that I'm not much for hard wiring fuel lines and stuff like that. I can manage a good distributer but detailing the water, oil and fuel system is something that is just beyond by patience level.

Dale

You are right that some of the cars have a semi gloss finish. Since that is what you wanted, it's correct for this build. ;) The car that came my mind, Jimmy Ã…lund's Camaro Pro Stock from Sweden, has a very nice glossy finish and I was thinking that did you try to spray the Semi Gloss clear or gloss clear coat.

si_za_ps.jpg

And I understand very well that wiring, since sometimes it is really tricky to get them right, and sometimes that makes me to put the build back in the box for a couple of months. :D

But you did incredible job here, all I really can do is to take my hat off and start searching my jaw from the floor.

Thanks again, Niko. If I ever want to do shiny, I'll build Steve Gasperilli's Alcohol Funny Car. My shots from earlier in the day looked distorted from glare off the body... He was the Alcohol FC winner at the Lucas Oil Regionals last weekend.

gnp2.jpg

Waiting for you to start on that Pro Mod Chevy...

EDIT: Also, the brighter lights in my model studio burned out quickly and I replaced them with florescent ones. They are daylight color temperature but a bit soft. It has a sheen to it that isn't in the photos.

Dale

Edited by ScaleDale

Thanks again, Niko. If I ever want to do shiny, I'll build Steve Gasperilli's Alcohol Funny Car. My shots from earlier in the day looked distorted from glare off the body... He was the Alcohol FC winner at the Lucas Oil Regionals last weekend.

Wow that one sure is shiny! B) I bet Jim would like the paint on it very much. :lol: Oh and what times do those Alcohol Funny Cars run there in the States?

Waiting for you to start on that Pro Mod Chevy...

Yep, me too. After I have finished a couple of builds I have going on, I will lift that one on the bench and start cutting. :D

Wow that one sure is shiny! B) I bet Jim would like the paint on it very much. :lol: Oh and what times do those Alcohol Funny Cars run there in the States?

Yep, me too. After I have finished a couple of builds I have going on, I will lift that one on the bench and start cutting. :D

The Gasperelli car ran 5.64 at 248 mph on the 1/4 mile to win at the Lucas Oil regional race in Kent, Washington. He also won the Northwest Nationals two weeks earlier at this same track.

EDIT: At the same race a Top Fuel Harley ran off a 243 mph pass...

My car's faster... ;)

Dale

Edited by ScaleDale

The Gasperelli car ran 5.64 at 248 mph on the 1/4 mile to win at the Lucas Oil regional race in Kent, Washington. He also won the Northwest Nationals two weeks earlier at this same track.

EDIT: At the same race a Top Fuel Harley ran off a 243 mph pass...

My car's faster... ;)

Dale

Those are good numbers! Today Jonnie Lindberg set a new European Record in Methanol Funny Cars... Here is a quote of EuroDragster Live Race Report from Tierp Arena, Sweden.

Fantastic match between Leif and Jonnie, Jonnie on the first half of European ET and speed records, well done Jonnie! Thanks to Spencer Tramm for getting in touch to let us know that Jonnie's 432.69 kmh / 268.86 mph is actually faster than Frank Manzo's NHRA record of 268.06 mph or 431.40 kmh so we could be on a world best here. Jonnie away first 0.1463 to 0.2244, Leif had the better sixty foot 0.9610 to 0.9855, there was a puff of smoke from the right side of Jonnie's car just past sixty but difficult to say what that could have been. Leif to the eighth in 3.6824/334.78 but Jonnie was visibly ahead at 3.6196/348.84.

And the ET was 5.4379.

Also here is Jaska Salakari driving with a Nitro Harley 6,2 second pass at Tierp Arena. He is a real showman, the other video is about his One Hand Burnout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VSSzXIuBsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksGtNZd1pmM