Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Hail The Model King!!!!

Went to the local Hobbytown to grab the latest SA and Finescale. I was also grabbing an AMT 74 Cuda snapper for the build off... of course after seeing Frank's use of the VP Challenger chassis, I will have to head back to get one of those too. Anyway, I was planning on having them order me one of the MK Torinos and Camaro Floppers. Well guess what was sitting on the new arrival shelf when I walked in?? Three of the MK Torinos and Camaros. So a Torino followed me home. I know that it has been stated before, but the Big Three/Two could learn a thing or two from the box of this bad boy. This kit comes in one of the sturdiest boxes I have ever seen for a model kit. The way the design carries over to the box bottom is great as well. I may just frame and hang the box as I think it is soooo cool. The kit itself has a ton of possiblities. I could wait to grok it!!! I definitely will be saving for more of these releases. The Challenger funny car is the next one that really floats it for me. I will be buying more than just that one though. ALL HAIL THE MODEL KING!!!!!!

heck yes, hail the model king!! he has done more for our hobby in the last few years, then any of the manufacturers!! Do you really think AMT would have taken the time and money to restore so many of these cool models?? (maybe, maybe not!) The way i see it, from my point of view is Dave is doing this not for himself, (well, maybe a little) but he is doing this for US, the modelers who yearn for that cool Torino NASCAR, or for that cool Camaro F/C that we may not got when it was out. I myself, was a little skeptical when he released the Daddy Warbucks Falcon AWB, but at that time, i was unaware of what he was doing at the time, and i have grown REALLY fond of the kits he releases, 1970 pontiac bonneville and all!! I am giddier then a shool girl to see what he will be turning out for us in'08, pending on wether AMT will let him. I am already going ga-ga over the LA DART re-release!! I think i will wait until THAT comes out instead of buying the hemi hunter and trying to pull LA DART decals out of thin air. I too, will stock up on the Challenger F/C kits!! It also makes me wonder if Slixx decals has gotten busier with the decals due to the increase of released vintage drag kits? All i know is i had better work harder at work to get my upsell bonus so i can buy more kits, and on that matter, more Slixx decals!! YAY MODEL KING!! KEEP EM COMMING!!!! Chris Coffey, Spokane, WA