Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Type 34 Ghia Razor back on the bench

empinut

Thanks for the encouragement guys....this model is challenging me at every turn!

I think I just found the correct size glass to fit the back window. I am testing, trimming as we speak. The 62 Chevy impala front windshield will fit the front with some trimming. I don't have vacuform capabilities.

Pics later today, I've been working on the split window bug.

The BRM rims are from my stash, originally cast by Dennis Chung years ago. The newer BRM's from Japan for sale are roughly about $18-$20 with the same amount for shipping using the current yen conversion.

attachicon.gifblue classic 1.jpg

Picture courtesy of The SAMBA.

About BRM...They are made by Hideo Motohashi from Japan...I know Hideo few years ago and I asked him to make a series of BRM to me and some modelers in cast metal without lugs and no painting, so they are cheaper ...he made it only for his friends for a slot car in turned aluminium and they were too expensive...now, he sells its on his webstore at http://motohashi-mww.com/catalog.html you also see a gallery ...

You could add T2M long wheel nuts for realistic...and paint !!!

You could see the windshield frame I did make by Hideo for AMT Mayers Manx in my topic about it http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80410

brm_sh10.jpg

PM me if you have any question.

Those BRM's are fantastic....... :wub:

They look even better in person, trust me. I had a guy ask me if Hideo-San sells the center cap decals separately, and had to tell him those logos are actually machined in(!) and simply relief painted.

Edited by VW Dave