Model Cars Magazine Forum

1990 LX MUSTANG...updates 07/19/14

tyrone

Thanks alot fellas for the kind words I really appreciate it...

Chad the front wheels are from Pro Track.... they make slot car wheels... The rear tires are from the old pro stock cutlass kits, that had the wrong size rear tires in the kit.. The rear wheels on the pro mod Camaro were made by changing out the rear centers from the pro magnums, to the aluma stars, I used those from some old pro stock firebird wheels...

Alright fellas.. I've been making some progress on this one.. I've been working on the engines for this one and the Camaro I have going on at the same time since they will be similar in alot of ways... I made a couple of water pumps, and vaccum pumps from styrene rod and flat styrene..I used a crank trigger set up from Scott aka futturattraction.. I've got all the sanding done on the body, and It's about ready for paint still deciding on a color.. I like that color of green that was posted... how can I find that color... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

002-5.jpg

005-7.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Automotive touchup is a place where you can get the color you want by year, make and model. Its listed as bright calypso metallic on theyre site. You can get it in different size bottles or in a ratlle can as a base coat.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/ford/1993/mustang/

Edited by Devilsnake98

Thanks fellas for all the kind words, and input.. I really appreciate it... Well I decided to go ahead and get something out of the way that I have been debating and thinking about for a while know.. what to do about headers.. of course there is not alot of room in the engine bay... but I decided to try and run them out the front fenders in front of the tires.... I've seen these on alot of cars and I think they look cool... I'm still kinda winging it on these... I'ts hard to find any good ref pics on how these are ran.. so I'm just doing the best I can, on how I think they should look.... this car has been fun and a pain in the butt at the same time.... but that's what makes it "all good" when it's finished...I've also been working on the intake, here's a few pics.. thanks for looking and comments welcome...

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks for all the kind words fellas.. I really appreciate it... @ Keshaun I'll probably end up painting it with a spray can... I've made a little progress on this one I've been working on the plumbing, and I've also got the rear wheels detailed, thanks for looking and comments welcome....

008-4.jpg

010-4.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

012-3.jpg

018.jpg