Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Shelby GT350

NALEX129

BMF does look amazing but feels like it would be soooo much effort, anyone else just mask and paint the car chrome trimmings? i would love to try bmf one day though, perhaps for a very special build like a 59 imperial or 59 Cadillac. but anyway great work on the shelby i also use lots of rustoleum paints, their blacks are amazing and the clears and metallic silver are great.

Arnaldo, the car looks great. And I definitely think no grille. Or at most cut the center out and just use the surround,

Eugene, trust me when I say this. Masking the entire car is a whole lot worse than BMFing it.

Edited by Skydime

Agreed. Once you've mastered BMF, you'll never use silver paint for trim again <_<

l agree. l just started doing it one day. you can practice on an old body. l think there is some video on u-tube on how to foil.

Arnaldo looking forward to seeing your build in under glass section...

i may order a few sheets for the 59 imperial and some other 59 cars, you know how heavily trimmed the models from that year are... i have a serious passion for anything 1959 so i figured maybe that would be a great way to start BMF, just ordered this http://www.ebay.com/itm/321159631007?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Edited by Nxr

BMF does look amazing but feels like it would be soooo much effort, anyone else just mask and paint the car chrome trimmings? i would love to try bmf one day though, perhaps for a very special build like a 59 imperial or 59 Cadillac. but anyway great work on the shelby i also use lots of rustoleum paints, their blacks are amazing and the clears and metallic silver are great.

Thanks! Try it! It was my first time using it and I will never go back to paint.

Arnaldo, the car looks great. And I definitely think no grile. Or at most cut the center out and just use the surround,

Eugene, trust me when I say this. Masking the entire car is a whole lot worse than BMFing it.

Yes! I decided to leave no grill also. Thanks!

Edited by NALEX129