Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "Puma" modern custom DRIFT roadster (*GALAXY GRAY WITH KANDY APPLE RED body pics 12-6)

Kennyboy

Looks great Ken! How did you do the stitching? Skilled hand and an X-Acto knife?

Yep X-acto! 1st thing that came to mind....

Well, painted the body a little bit ago........it is Kandy Apple Red (the light doesn't reflect that though in the pics.) I will be doing some sort of graphics on it with Sponsors and such afterall.....probably tomorrow (maybe later, gotta eat.)

P1020486_zpscd9e54a3.jpg

P1020487_zpscd3d6fd0.jpg

P1020485_zps1c68b1a4.jpg

P1020489_zpsa0a58e2f.jpg

Thanks guys! :)

It is House of Kolor Goldmine Pearl, then HOK Kandy Apple Red, then a misting of HOK Pink pearl.......then three coats of Lacquer clear. :blink:

What quantity of paint do you buy from HOK? I was thinking of buying from there but I don't really want to buy paint 1 pt. at a time.

Edited by BluePopsicle

Yep X-acto! 1st thing that came to mind....

Well, painted the body a little bit ago........it is Kandy Apple Red (the light doesn't reflect that though in the pics.) I will be doing some sort of graphics on it with Sponsors and such afterall.....probably tomorrow (maybe later, gotta eat.)

P1020486_zpscd9e54a3.jpg

P1020487_zpscd3d6fd0.jpg

P1020485_zps1c68b1a4.jpg

P1020489_zpsa0a58e2f.jpg

Remember down at Les's and Randy was doing that thing with the ruler???????? Yeah, that just happened!!!!! That is looking nice!!!

What quantity of paint do you buy from HOK? I was thinking of buying from there but I don't really want to buy paint 1 pt. at a time.

I'm using up the HOK paint I was getting from my LHS. They had smaller bottles of it.....but I think they stopped getting it in that size so I will be looking too soon. :(

Remember down at Les's and Randy was doing that thing with the ruler???????? Yeah, that just happened!!!!! That is looking nice!!!

:lol: LOL at the ruler!!! :lol: Glad you like it!

I think you were wanting it painted more than me there.... I DID need the push though!!! :D

Dayum... That paint job is simply breathtaking!!! I bet it looks even sexier in person. Fantastic job!!

Thanks Luis! It looks pretty good I'd say in person........but it is the base coat for this paint job so it will be just one of the colors on the body. I plan to do more, afterall it is a DRIFT car. :D

As stated before.....the red was stage one, THIS is stage two. HOK Galaxy Gray Pearl with a Starlight Silver blend up from the bottom......the red was masked (BMF) with the shapes and then shot the gray and silver. Took these with the 30D Still getting used to it so they are not perfect!

IMG_0350_zpsf2999f00.jpg

IMG_0357_zpsa66846a6.jpg

IMG_0356_zps3220c677.jpg

IMG_0352_zps5fc2fa24.jpg

IMG_0358_zps225eceb1.jpg