Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chrysler 300 (488.1 cu in)

om617

GORGEOUS color combo- love the green w/ the white top. You could not do any better than those Pegasus wheels IMO. Awesome job! Being new here, I have to say- you guys are an inspiration! Some of the craftsmanship here is unreal. :)

I've seen those wheels before and wondered where they came from. I love those things. Do the tires come with them or do you buy those seperately?

Edited by fun9c1

GORGEOUS color combo- love the green w/ the white top. You could not do any better than those Pegasus wheels IMO. Awesome job! Being new here, I have to say- you guys are an inspiration! Some of the craftsmanship here is unreal. :)

I've seen those wheels before and wondered where they came from. I love those things. Do the tires come with them or do you buy those seperately?

Thanks,the color together with the white roof look okay. I am kinda new here too and trust me,this is nothing compared to what people

on this forum manage to put together,even from scratch. These people are great inspiration and have tons of knowledge.

I got them on ebay,they look like this in the package.

001-3.jpg

I like this build. Have you thought of using the kit's stock wheelcovers, but with a larger wheel to fit the Viper tires?

If i found 15" steelies where two are wider then the other pair it could be done,i have some rings for insert. I like the idea.

Tommy, did you polish the foil? Any decent cleaner wax or polish will remove the tarnish and really make that foil shine.

I did not and this is a nice tip,i will try that for sure,thanks. My camera is also a little to blame for the low quality pics.

First off, what a great concept and your execution is right on! I like the Pegasus combo and I'd do a white interior with black carpets and some green door panel accents, maybe? Love the mechanical aspect, cool!

Thank you. This makes me want to keep going. It`s an nice idea for interior combo and i had in mind trying flocking for the first

time on this. I`m also working on a 2 + 2 seat arragement but not sure if i`ll ditch it and go for stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! I think that's my favorite part of the build process, especially with a custom job- when you get to the point where you can put it together just enough to see how it's gonna look. :) I like what you're doing with it. I like the wheel choice and the tire choice and the color choice.

Got some stuff done on this one tonight. Did an attempt on BMF on the interior,made an "man pedal" and shifter since

it`s an 6speed. The consol,shifter and pedal are from scratch off bits and pieces from the parts box. I kept the bench

and skipped the two tone since i dont have anything decent yet to mask with. Also,it looks more clean now imo.

003-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-1.jpg

Edited by om617

Thanks Dave.

Today i got the wire looms done on the engine and coilpacks. Strange,6 on one side and 4 on the other. Waiting for inserts

for the instrument so you can see the speedo and rpm. The one in the middle will be clock or oil-pressure,not sure.

Some pics.

009-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

Thanks Mike.

It`s fun but so time consuming so i think i`ll stop this custom attempts from now on.

Done some today,i think the outcome of the exhaust will be an love/hate thing,but i`m okay with it so far.

Also did the back up lights and mounted the wires to the distributor caps. Just an mock up so far. The

camera and lightning makes the exhaust look awful. I`ll take better pics later on.

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

022.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...