Model Cars Magazine Forum

I don't build many big rigs, but here's one that caught my eye for shear low price. Turns out, it's worth it. The detail is very good considering the relatively low parts count. I built it out of the box using the kit supplied decals. It's painted Duplicolor GM Medium Garnet Pearl. Didn't have any purple as it is shown on the box art. If United Trucking is a real company, I hope they don't mind I painted one of their trucks red instead of purple :lol: .

The engine is painted Rustoleum's "American Accents" enamel, a color called Honey, which is fairly close to Cat yellow. Hope you like it.

redpete.jpg

redpete1.jpg

repete3.jpg

What's goin' on...

Well done! I'm going to keep an eye out for that color paint. I'm guessing you picked it up at Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts?

Any Parts store that sells Duplicolor can get it. My favorite happens to be O'Reilly Auto Parts, but I'm sure Autozone or Advance would have it too. the Duplicolor # is DSGM380.

Thanks for the good words folks, they mean a lot to me. I'd build big rigs more, but they usually cost more than my budget allows, and I'm strapped for time a lot too. :)