Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Chevrolet Impala.

om617

No problem Bryan. Figured it out in the end and are now doing an attempt at brackets for the heater and AC hoses.

I asked my gf if we could swap hands since my sausages are way to big for tiny details,she did not approve lol

Now if only the liquid mask could arrive so i could get started on painting the engine.

Thank you Andrew for the encourageing words. After looking at you`re build i now feel bad for hot rodding such an sweet classic.

How is the 57 coming along btw?

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the comments. Did some work on the interior today,it was warm and sunny out so i got to spray some

clear on the dashboard and foil details on the inside. Will post pics later when it is so dry i can touch it. Not sure if

anyone will like the color,but i think it looks kinda good. I`m considering keeping the chassis primed color after some

reasearch on pictures of street machines and customs online. Exhaust are painted,will also paint brake disc and shocks.

So lession learned,never use Tamiya TS13 on Humbrol paint lol. Had to start all over again,it was like

the paint boiled. I tried from advice on here to leave some areas with no gloss,and others more clear

like the dash and "vinyl" on the seats. Used some BMF on the rear doorpanels and on the rear custom

console,i think it looks okay. Anyway,i`m tired of it so i`ll leave it like it is.

Some pics.

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

001-2.jpg