Model Cars Magazine Forum

Morris Mini Cooper

fantacmet

Not sure how I'm going to do this one, but I do have it painted with the color it's going to be.

minicooper1_zps9cbcaf2d.jpg

Not sure if I'm going to do it as an actual racecar, find and add some extra lights and do that kind of racecar, or just use what's here and do like a souped up street version. I have the flares on it already and I'm going to use the racing wheels. I'm going to try and throw on some Irish license plates and paint the top in the colors of the Irish Flag instead of the British Flag, but then I'm Irish so............

I think I'm gonna leave the flares green. Sad part is I got this green for the interior of a 71 Charger. Still trying to figure out what color for interior. I don't have many flocking colors. Cream, green, and magenta flocking is all I have right now. I really don't want to do a green on green scheme, and magenta would look goofy. So would the cream really as I don't have any cream colors in paint to go with it. HAHA.

At the very least the distributor is getting wired, and maybe more then that.

Thinking for the orange and green on the roof to just use the transparent Tamiya colors.

Not sure on the flocking colors you have...I just got back onto the hobby after 15 years and I like the way satin black paint has turned out for my interior on the Firebird I am working on...almost looks like leather...green exterior would look good with either black or a tan/brown in my opinion. I love the idea of the Irish flag on the roof...I have Irish blood myself. I would say the cream would be the best of your flocking though if you go with one. Just my opinion of course.

This is the Tamiya Mini Cooper Racint. 1/24th.

I've always thought the lights on the front made them look much better. What kind of leftover bits do you have? Freebies pay forward is something I do alot, since it got taught to me one night when my power steering went out and all I had was a pair of pliars and 50 cents.

Hey after flocking it in any color you have couldn't you paint it the color you really want? I have done this on a couple builds but it was embossing powder I used. Love the irish idea have a lot in my blood. I see a bobby sands tribute car lol. I think this will be a cool one to watch

I'm going to do it up like a guy who might compete locally in Ireland with like small local circuits with his daily driver. Like maybe cross country type stuff, so he needs the lights. Like an Irish version of the Cannonball Run. I'm gonna go ahead and make this interesting, when it's done I'm going to post up a backstory of a fictitious owner.

I can say after opening this kit this isn't the only one I'm going to do. I wanna end up doing one with a V8 and huge slicks in the back. Maybe one with a rotary. A few different ones.

This one I've got the slotted mags from a Corvair that are almost the right size I'm going to see if I can make them work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm currently building the same kit, and I'm having tons of trouble choosing a body color. Pretty nice kit, though.

I could see that seat fabric as a great VW tuner look. Those guys love to do strange stuff, and a burlap upholstery job wouldn't surprise me one bit on a 1:1 car.