Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two painting questions....

1) If I have piece with some flat, and some gloss will it be uniformly glossy if I put a gloss clear over it? For example, I paint a part in gloss white. Then mask off a part and paint the rest a flat color. Then hit the whole thing with gloss.

2) I need to paint a body molded in red, white. So the red will not bleed, I paint it with a silver metallizer, then primer, then white. Does that sound ok?

there might be a slight difference with the glossy and flat paint once they are cleared.
But I would try it on a spare body (as mentioned above) or a couple spoons before you try it on your current project.

as far as the body molded in red that you want to paint white...
some guys will recommend using Future floor polish as a sealer, but I use Duplicolor Primer/Sealer (spray can) as my final "barrier" against bleed through from plastic dyes or body work.

I've gone as far as shooting the primer and clearing it with 2 part clear, letting it cure, wet sanding it with 1000 - 1500 grit wet/dry sand paper and then sprayed my color(s).