Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

**Chrysler's Los Angeles Assembly Plant

1972coronet

Here's a link to an article on the Allpar site regarding the *elusive* Chrysler Los Angeles Assembly ( actual location : City of Commerce ) .

I contributed to the article (under my literal nom-de-plume of "Shoe") with the resources I've garnered over a year or so . This was made possible in no small part on the long-defunct Los Angeles Hearald Examiner as well as those whom replied to my inquiries regarding this plant . See the accompanying text and credits on the site for full disclosure.

Enjoy !

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/factories/los-angeles.html

That's a nice article, I read Allpar for hours. It seems that I find links off the original page that keep producing other links. Soon I have ten windows open. Thank you for sharing.

You're quite welcome :) . Being an L.A.-area native and a life-long gear head , I became interested in the lesser-known assembly plants in the Los Angeles area . It seems that they receive little recognition (except for the last one , the Van Nuys G.M. Plant) . At one time , the intersection of Eastern / Slauson was host to :

- Mercury-Edsel-Lincoln ("MEL") , northwest corner

- Chrysler , southeast corner

- Alcoa Aluminum , southwest corner

Further :

- GM's South Gate Plant , Tweedy @ Alameda

- Ford Pico Rivera Plant , southwest CA 19 / Lakewood Blvd @ Washington

I'm glad that you liked the article :) .

Here's the original Los Angeles Ford Motor Company assembly plant .

It was active until c.1930 when the Long Beach facility opened ; followed by "Maywood" (City of Commerce ; 5801 Eastern @ Slauson , diagonal from the Chrysler plant) ; and finally , the Pico Rivera plant ( Ca State Highway 19 / Lakewood Blvd @ Washington Blvd ) .

Its location is 7th St @ Santa Fe in Downtown Los Angeles .

post-6643-0-64596300-1393742133_thumb.jp

The Long Beach Plant suffered damage during the 1933 Long Beach Earthquake . No further info is available from me at this time .