Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujima Honda Civic EP3

lingham

Ive always wanted a model car of MY actual car so when I bought my type-r I found this model so the challenge was set. My only issue is that Ive come from the die cast scene not the plastic one so I've never done one before....

This is MY car

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

Test fitting the wheels

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

Bumper fits fairly well

IMG_0906.jpg

Paint went on fairly well but never done this before but hasn't had a clear coat go on just the base

IMG_1581.jpg

hey lingham, may i make a suggestion you can go down to the store and buy a can of either brake fluid or oven cleaner, and throw the body in there for at least 24 hours ( check) after 24 hrs and see wht it looks like.you should be able to take a tooth brush to it and youll have an extra body to practice on.hope it helps , shaun.s. BTW dont be afraid to ask for help,

hey lingham, may i make a suggestion you can go down to the store and buy a can of either brake fluid or oven cleaner, and throw the body in there for at least 24 hours ( check) after 24 hrs and see wht it looks like.you should be able to take a tooth brush to it and youll have an extra body to practice on.hope it helps , shaun.s. BTW dont be afraid to ask for help,

Hey Shaun,

Would that remove the permanent pen then? the paint isn't too bad but the marker looks awful

I would suggest that you also find an old spare plastic model body, and try out your technique on it before you move to your main project.

Yeah I thought that but I dont have any spare plastic bodies so would mean buying one to test on basically.

I have assembled all the paints and stuff I need in terms of build number 2 I HOPE....

IMG_2059.jpg

On this model I have noticed a lot more mould lines - what sandpaper would be best to remove this ready for primer?

Ignoring the obvious mess on the below photo but I was testing the clear red on build number one and noticed it clearly looks painted, anyway of solving this?

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

Try using bare metal foil on the bucket before you insert the lens, also it looks like it needs another coat of clear red. You could substitute plain old aluminum foil and spray adhesive for the bare metal foil.

Good tip. after painting the clear red, I would give it plenty time to dry and foil inside of the light. Paint and foil light on the tree. Keep a rag handy to keep the paint and glues off your fingers..