Model Cars Magazine Forum

3d printed chassis

Hey Chuck:

Be sure and look at the video on our website on how to finish out this material. I say this because using the superglue method on these frames will help with strength. Here is a link to the page

https://sites.google.com/site/tdrhtmllearn/home/tdr-innovations-help-page/shapeways-wsf-material-info

Chassis really are one of the best areas for 3D printing. Chassis are tough to make by hand and very tough or impossible for manufacturers to injection mold. For 3D printing though it is just another part.

Keep an eye out as we intend to expand into this area of modeling.

Tim

TDRinnovations.com

PLEASE MAKE A TRUGGY CHASSIE PLEASE PRETTY PRETTY PLEASEY

Truggy_113_With_Spotlights.JPG

Thanks Tim , I had no idea that these chassis were being done until I found it on the site , but like me and everyone is saying they are coooooool. and now you don't have to scratch build and try to get it straight and square. You guys are doing great work so keep it up Tim. thanks Chuck

Tim I just got done watching the video on finishing the white strong flexible and I want to say thank you , the video will help very very much

thanks again Chuck

Anyone who has read this thread here is link to TDR for the chassis I bought and other cool stuff . This will make it easier to find their products ,because like I said before I just stumbled onto the chassis and I'm glad I did

http://www.tdrcatalog.com

Edited by ratnasty

Thought you all might like to see what the TDR Camaro Pro-Mod body can look like as a finished model. The car model was created prior to TDR developing the 3D printed chassis.This award winning model was created by a friend of mine Ron Holman, of the Kansas City Slammers model car club.

CHEERZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-5754-0-63447300-1397233624_thumb.jp

post-5754-0-00172000-1397233669_thumb.jp

post-5754-0-41597900-1397233705_thumb.jp