Model Cars Magazine Forum

info for Fire Fighter Stang and 72 Vega Fit?

Anyone know if the Fire Fighter Pro Stock Mustang kit can Be used for the 72/73 Vega Resin Body to do the Grumpy Jenkins P/S? I have the Fire Fighter Kit as a Donor But would Like to know if anyone has used it before/. any help?? Thanks

I would look to obtain a twister vega kit.....either the old black issue, or the white stevens int. one. that way you at least have a proper fit - to - all chassis that mates with everything. using a ford chassis out of the fire fighter will be a lot more work,...not to mention a makeshift way of building this. the rear kick area is totally different on both as well. a used twister kit or parts should not be that difficult to grab on ebay. going with ford to chev for this just won't cut it. just my opinion......a.c.

alan, look for a used one online. the mpc grumpys, American spirit, and usa-1 pro stock vegas all have the same chassis as the twister. just remember when looking at photos of built/ used chassis, the pro stock one you need has no stock exhaust on it, as the stock vega kits had. if you are patient, one will turn up soon, I am sure. the white twister vega from 2005 from stevens int. can usually be had on ebay for 25-30 bucks, as I have seen. a.c.

The Grumpy's (Jenkins) Vega (issued in '73) had the stock chassis with molded-in exhaust detail. MPC tooled "gutted" interior buckets for the '73 kits, but didn't do anything with the chassis in the Vega until the '74 car (USA-1). The rear wheel tubs in the Grump's Vega interior are also smaller than those in the other Pro Stock Vega kits. That's desirable if you want to build an earlier Vega with smaller slicks.