Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bulky Window Tub In Amt 359 Peterbilt Kit

I have on several builds made my own glass out of clear plastic or acetate. The windshield looks so much better when done with thin plastic. For the headliner I have used Plastruct sheet with a square pattern on in.

You can just barely see the windshield in this view. I also cut open the door and omitted the interior tub making a floor that fit the full width of the cab.

tim346dooropen_dusty.jpg

Tim

What's goin' on...

I'm currently rebuilding an AMT 359 I put togather a few years ago. Instead of using AMT's cab I'm modifing the Revell 359 (snap-tite) cab. On this I am omitting the interior tub as well. Here's the floor so far. I'll follow up later on for now I'll post a couple pictures.

2150198064_c6e9bc6649_b.jpg

Here's the interior

2150197342_3b00c21110_b.jpg

What's goin' on...

Jim

Yeah that's it. Take a look at the picture of the cab on it's side. I left the center portion of the tiles/interior unglued so the rear glass can be slid between that and the cab eliminating the need to attatch the glass to the back of the cab and glue bleed thru. Also when I go to paint the cab I'll slide some paper in there so no over spray goes into the cab. Tim actually gave me this idea several months ago!

I'm surprised you didn't catch the map lights above the doors.

Cool idea on the paneling. Maybe I'll give it a try one of these days.

I actually did see the map lights. I was getting to them. Nice bit of detailing. Are they just some half-round rod? They look pretty small. I cannot tell, but is there a cabin light in the center of the cab?

• 2 weeks later...

I USED THE IDEAS PEOPLE GAVE ME TO GET RID OF THE INTERIOR TUB IN MY PETE WRECKER KIT AND EVERYTHING WORKED OUT WELL. I CUT A NEW FLOOR, HEADLINER AND INERIOR PANEL FOR THE RER WALL OF THE CAB OUT OF .060 PLASTRUCT STYRENE THEN I SCRIBED A UPOLSTERY DESIGN ON THEM. ALL I HAVE TO DO NOW IS JUST PAINT EVERYTHING. JARRNO88