Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Superbee

I like the pro street style....Just something about those big fat rear tires...I also like how you shared opening the box and checking out the parts...Its is so fun starting a new project...If you don't mind I might use this, next time I start a new project. Is this AMT kit one that has been in your stash for a while? I can't recall seeing the Box Art. Good luck with the excess plastic on the body....Some of the older kits had a lot. Last time I encountered this I tried something different. I washed the body with 409 and a toothbrush, rinsed then air dried. I sprayed the body with testors primer gray. let the primer gas out and cure for 3 days. Now any imperfections and flash will be easy to see and sand away. I really like the small flexible files from hobby lobby.

Thank you, the car has gotten a clear coat and is currently curing going to give a stage wet sand and a wax job. Still debating on the interior colors either flat white or flat black. Probably going to use the smaller decals on the interior on the front two seats headrest