Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi there, my name is Roy from Sebring FL.. I used to build model cars all the time as a kid, loved it.. tried very hard at them... later in life tried it again and was doing well, having fun until i went to a model show where the cars had readable gauges and super detail, i thought i could never do, so i quit again.. now some 15 years later i would like to try again. It really is fun for me. I work on machines for a living, used to build real custom harleys.. Hopefully i can learn how to take me time and detail some model cars,

thanks for having me.

Wolfy

Welcome, Wolfy!

You will find tons of tips, tricks, and web full of friends here.

With your background in custom Harleys, have you built the new Revell choppers yet?

Feel free to ask questions, email any of the almost 2000 of us here, or pick up a phone and call!

Welcome to the forum. As for the super detailed models at the contest don't let that stop you. I've seen models built that I will never be able to compete with so I don't (or at least try not to), just build for the fun of it. I still like to go to the model contests myself but I go to meet fellow modlers not win contests. I always go with the thought that I won't and don't plan on winning anything so on those occasions I do win something its just icing on the cake.