Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Suede T

59 chev

This is my first build after a nearly 30 year absence from modeling. It was also my first 1/8 scale model. I scratchbuilt several things, including the velocity stacks, headers, steering linkage, spark plugs, throttle cable, fuel distribution block, floorboard and trans tunnel. The windshield posts were shortened and raked back. Now I'm itching for the Big Deuce!

post-2416-1199331802_thumb.jpgpost-2416-1199331820_thumb.jpg

post-2416-1199331926_thumb.jpgpost-2416-1199331899_thumb.jpg

post-2416-1199332015_thumb.jpgpost-2416-1199331840_thumb.jpg

post-2416-1199331911_thumb.jpg

You say you've been "away" from the hobby for 30 years? Maybe so, but you've been studying, haven't you? :P

Very, VERY cool suede rod! Those large scale kits look fantastic when detailed and yours is no exception. Especially those scratchbuilt details. I wish I had room to display some of the bigger stuff, but............. B)

Looking forward to seeing the next "big" thing!

yeah! very very nice!

i know it will be a pain but if you can get a good detail shot of your floorboard and trans tunnel i would like to see them.

the big tub i recently finished was the first of the "big" series ive ever built from the start. ive restored a few various 1/8 scale but never a complete build. they really are fun to build but yeah where to put them.

actually at my age they are the perfect size for my eyes!

Quite impressive I must say!

You should take some outdoor pictures, do a short writeup and submitt them to Gregg.... get'it in print man! :)

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments!

Jarius, excuse the newbie ignorance, but who is Gregg? And in print how?

Tim

Gregg (Hutchings) is the editor of Model Cars Magazine.

This site is the online "department" of that magazine.

Oh. Duuhh. I did get the magazine/web site connection, (maybe it was the big banner at the top of the page) but didn't realize who Jarius was referring to. I'm flattered that someone thinks my T is nice enough to be in the magazine! :)

And by the way guys...I beat you both to the punch. Check out my avatar!!!

Harry, I may have beat you to the '59 Chev after all, your avatar is a photo of my first car! I spent many happy hours polishing that bronze and white paint job. Wish I still had that car. And the '54 Chev, the '65 Chev, the '57 Star Chief, the '63 F100, the '65 F100 ...

• 3 years later...