Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freigthilner FLD 120 SD

Short wheelbase,floats up front,head-ache rack behind the cab,would be an awesome lowboy/heavy haul tractor! of course the set-back steer axle lends itself to a wrecker,dump or mixer chassis as well!..............................Mark

Nice going so far. I'd say go with a day cab- most of these I see out and about are sleepers, seeing one done as a day cab would be a nice change. But in the end, it's your project, so either way you go with it I'll be watching.

most of these I see out and about are sleepers

Wrong!

29utvdu.jpg

Wrong!

Nope, right! I think I might have a better idea of what cab types a guy might be more likely to see on a given highway tractor in my area than you do. B) Maybe down Atlanta way it's another matter with the FLD 120, but up here you see way more with sleepers than day cabs. I know that because '90's FLD 120s are getting to be a rare sight up here, and I tend to notice one when I see one. Even many of the farm rigs have sleepers. Only way they'd outnumber the sleeper cabs is if you want to count the Army ones, which you'll see all the time on US-127.

US_Army_Freightliner_FLD120_zpsa5c94040.

Nope, right! I think I might have a better idea of what cab types a guy might be more likely to see on a given highway tractor in my area than you do. B) Maybe down Atlanta way it's another matter with the FLD 120, but up here you see way more with sleepers than day cabs. I know that because '90's FLD 120s are getting to be a rare sight up here, and I tend to notice one when I see one. Even many of the farm rigs have sleepers. Only way they'd outnumber the sleeper cabs is if you want to count the Army ones, which you'll see all the time on US-127.

I gew up in Ohio. US 127 was the main road near me in the Cincinnati suburbs. They're are more FLDs out there then you would imagine.

Edited by chuckyr