Model Cars Magazine Forum

Plum Krazy 68 Charger.

Mrdarkmonkey96

Hi Anthony,

Very nice car! Nice paint job too. OK, I'm going to criticize something, not your technique, but your choice of wheels. Were the steel rims and nut caps your idea, or was this an option or even a mandatory from the kit?

The thing is, you're showing a 68 R/T Charger. That was a top of the line performance Dodge back in the day. I don't think they were turned over with steel rims, but rather with Mopar wheel options or chrome hub caps. Since the car has a 440, probably a wheel option other than steel rims was standard equipment. Then, if the car did have steel rims, they were probably in body color.

But this is just maybe a question I had about the car, and it's configuration. Something else that sticks out is the gear shift. They were definitely chrome, I've had enough Mopar 4 speeds when they were new cars.

A very nice model. May I ask how you did the paint, and what you did to get that nice gloss?

Michael

Hi Anthony,

Very nice car! Nice paint job too. OK, I'm going to criticize something, not your technique, but your choice of wheels. Were the steel rims and nut caps your idea, or was this an option or even a mandatory from the kit?

The thing is, you're showing a 68 R/T Charger. That was a top of the line performance Dodge back in the day. I don't think they were turned over with steel rims, but rather with Mopar wheel options or chrome hub caps. Since the car has a 440, probably a wheel option other than steel rims was standard equipment. Then, if the car did have steel rims, they were probably in body color.

But this is just maybe a question I had about the car, and it's configuration. Something else that sticks out is the gear shift. They were definitely chrome, I've had enough Mopar 4 speeds when they were new cars.

A very nice model. May I ask how you did the paint, and what you did to get that nice gloss?

Michael

your correct on both points. I was dechroming some stuff and accidentally put the shift in. And the wheels were supposed to be body colored, along with the hood. I wanted it to have a no nonsense, slightly customized look to it.

As for the paint, it's model master 2 stage lacquer with wet look clear. I sprays two light coats, and wetsand with 1000 sprayed a wet coat, cure for a week wetsand with 200, two wet coats, cure for a week wetsand with 4000 then the final wet coats

• 3 weeks later...