Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Coupe

REDNECK7109

Looks great! I can never accomplish a nice glossy paint job like that.

The headlights are always a pain on the '32s. I have built them without headlights or side mirrors or whatever was hard to glue in place and think about the line in the Stray Cats song Built For Speed, "haven't gotten 'round to getting license plates."

Hi Bobby, yep. Looks like a hot rod to me. Cool color too. Nice and clean.

Which kit is it?

Michael

This is the special edition reissue kit that revell made into a skill 3 2n1. I comees with alot of extra parts and a complete extra motor wwhich is a 5.0 carbed. It's a Nice kit but it's definitely quirky. There's a handful of major parts that just aren't molded right. If I had my time over and could've prepared for it that I would've went crazy with detail but those parts just frustrated the snot out of me lol

Thanks Michael .

Looks great! I can never accomplish a nice glossy paint job like that.

The headlights are always a pain on the '32s. I have built them without headlights or side mirrors or whatever was hard to glue in place and think about the line in the Stray Cats song Built For Speed, "haven't gotten 'round to getting license plates."

Yeah those headlights suck lol. Next time I'll scratch build something different or whatever. But on the glossy finish topic... it's crazy how I got that glossy finish. I layed down 3 coats of testors one coat Lacquer. The firsttwo I let dry on the shelf but the third I put near the stove after my wife was fonished cooking and it dried fast and smooth so I decided to open the little toaster oven and leave the door down and turn it to 225 degrees and I sprayed 2 coats of lacquer clear and just let take it in the heat and turning the car a quarter every 5 mins ( car was about 10 inches inside of the toaster oven ).... no need for all that sanding. Came out great... have yet to try it with enamel. I'll let you know. Thanks man