Model Cars Magazine Forum

HI new here.....some of my builds

pete10972

Thanks all. im glad to be back in the hobby after so long. I got all you see here plus more for 15 bucks plus new paints and stuff. The minions were my wifes idea. She came home with minion battle pods and said " I want a minion mobile"...........the the wife gets what the wife wants. Heres more of the '57 for jade. I did the body by accident but it worked really good. thanks again all. hope to share more soon

post-14056-0-94939100-1402706793_thumb.j

post-14056-0-89590600-1402706801_thumb.j

post-14056-0-76364600-1402706814_thumb.j

post-14056-0-22830900-1402706820_thumb.j

post-14056-0-88923800-1402706835_thumb.j

That appears to have been a pretty good score, Pete! I love taking something that someone else gave up on or tossed and making something of it. I lucked out two weeks ago at a flea market but not one kit from what I got was evenpriced at $15.00 - they were more - some a lot more. I ended up doing some trading with the vendor who is a friend and got all of the lits includng three old Johan Mopars - all unbuilt andin their original boxes.

I'm really aprtial to the Ford panels - especially the blue one. I have one of those squirreled away somewhere that wes being built factory stock - it's more work that a person would think. I wanted it to be a police paddy wagon type of rig or a fire department or rescu light duty support truck. Maybe one day......

Anyhow, congratulations on redicovering the hobby - if you have not kept up, there are tons of changes - mostly for the better. Keep the photos coming!!!