Model Cars Magazine Forum

58' Corvette Roadster Starter & Fuel pump

Hello fellow model builders. I'm new to building models and such, and what a surprise, I'm stuck on the first step of my Revell 58' Corvette Roadster! I got the engine together just fine (First part of step one), but there is a starter and a fuel pump, and I can't tell what they're supposed to go on...

If someone could help me that'd be great. Here's some pictures of the manual/booklet so you know what I'm talking about. Sorry if they're a bit blurry, I took them using my laptop's built-in webcam, so don't expect high-quality 1080p pictures :)

post-14067-0-43557100-1402810498.jpg

post-14067-0-76322500-1402810514.jpg

I have the same kit. Look on right side of block, forward just above the oil pan. You should see indentation for the fuel pump. The starter just glues into place as shown. The photo I posted above is a photo of a real small block Chevy engine. All small blocks are pretty much the same. You'll notice the starter is different than the 58's. But location for the fuel pump and starter are the same.

Scott Aho

P.S. I do a lot of research on line. Type in on your search engine, 1958 Corvette starter or fuel pump. Hit search, then images. You should find plenty of great photos showing you what you need. I rarely build a model now days, without looking at the real thing on the web.

Edited by unclescott58

If you follow the dots on the instructions (starting from the part) they literally show you exactly where both parts should be mounted. That's 'not' always the case with model instructions, but in this case it is. :D

I understand, but I can't tell what the dots are pointing at, because it doesn't look like the engine, thanks for the help though :)

Thanks for all the help, but I finally realized that I need to go to the bottom part in order to put the starter and fuel pump on... I'm attempting to put the starter and fuel pump on the bare engine block itself... Thanks guys! I'll use your pictures after I finish this next step, scott!

Always feel free to ask questions. And I and others will do our best to try and help you. You noted your new to model building. I hope find it a rewarding hobby. But, sometime the instructions are not always clear if your not use to building models. I can see where a newbe might not understand looking at the Revell '58 Corvette instrucutions, that those partial diagrams are showing the right side of the engine above the oil pan. If I hadn't built as many Chevy smallblock as I have, I might too have been confused by how it's shown in those instructions.

Remember, there are no stupid questions. But, sometimes there are stupid answers. Trust me. I'm in the field of education. This I know.

Scott

I understand, but I can't tell what the dots are pointing at, because it doesn't look like the engine, thanks for the help though :)

Tyler, sorry I wasn't more helpful, I really didn't understand where you where at with this. Follow the build sequence that the instructions show step by step in the order shown, that will help. If you have any questions in the future I'd be glad to try and help. Keep building!