Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tyrone Malone's Defiance Truck

I was looking at the shelf in the back ground. Noticed a low boy with a backhoe tractor on it. I built that same set up, trailer and backhoe 15 years ago. Never seen another tractor till now. I need to get it out of my junk box and clean it up, same with trailer, maybe update it with moebius wheels

Maybe 1 day you could post a pic of your display. Id like to see your collection

Edited by Petetrucker07

where did you get the orange Kenworth. Is that custom or is that a kit?

It started as an Revelle of Germany T-900, added different sleepers, resin fenders some custom and a lot of help from some members on here.

Clayton some day I'll get some pics taken. And dig out that set up so we can see it.

Edited by alangarber

Nah, it's not as cool as the other Malone trucks but he got both the Defiance and the IH transporter at the same deal.

On this picture you can see the Defiance Freightliner and the Smokey Bear Corvette on the lowboy trailer behind the IH and you can get a glimpse of the Hurricane KW on the truck bed.

I also read somewhere that the Defiance were not used that much as the Allison engine didn't cooperate and didn't run well all the time, so it was mostly displayed on a stand with the front wheels up in the air.

1969170_827781690583320_4928658832760423

Edited by Force

That is awesome and what is a real shame is that I make the exact wheels you needed! Not just for you Defiance truck but for all the others you built as well! I make the Truck Mate five holes and the chrome plated two holes that Tyrone used on all his rigs. You can buy them here: http://bwicke9.wix.com/class-a-resin. There's more pictures in my Fotki albums www.public.fotki.com/lotso

TyroneMalonefrontwheel-vi.jpgTyroneWheel-vi.jpgTruckMatefivehole-vi.jpgMVC223F-vi.jpgTwohole-vi.jpg

Edited by Ben

It would have been great if you did the Tyrone Malone Bandag tires as well Ben...many of Malones trucks can be built with current and recent truck kits, you have the rims and they are top notch, but the tires are hard to come by as the original AMT kits are harder and harder to find and costs a fortune.

Possible trucks to build except for the AMT Malone kits are the Boss Truck Of America W900, the Defiance Freightliner, the Mama Truck K100, the Old No 8 K100 truck with the living quarters trailer, the W900 Whale Truck with reefer trailer, the No 13 KW W900B, maybe the Hurricane W900 if you are good at scratchbuilding and modifying...and some more.

Edited by Force

We don't have any plating service for modelers over here either but if you have an airbrush you can use Alclad II Chrome for the wheels...not perfect but it gets very shiny and it's the closest thing you can get with paint.

Who knows, maybe Round 2 will reissue the old Ertl IH Transtar II Eagle sometime.

Edited by Force