Model Cars Magazine Forum

Celica ST205.

Shelby 427 1965

Well, to continue on with my rally theme...

This build was done in a day, as a challenge to myself to see if I could manage a passable build in a day, which I think I (mostly) achieved.. it's a little rough around the edges (like the window rubbers.. don't even start me!) and sits a little high at the back but hey I'm happy with it.

Kit is the Tamiya road version, so I took two bucket seats from the parts box, along with hood pins from a Tamiya Evo VI Rally Car. Wheels and suspension are from Tamiya's Evo VII kit, which surprisingly fit straight on.. I was pretty surprised. Colour is Ford Colorado Red, and the decals are a mix match from the parts box, but mainly come from a Tamiya Toyota GT-One TS020. Rear windows have me and my other friend's name too. He got jealous of my other friend having his name on the Micra believe it or not, so I had to get him on this one :P

So anyways, here it is!

tumblr_na99ubOPUt1qlq9k4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_na99ubOPUt1qlq9k4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_na99ubOPUt1qlq9k4o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_na99ubOPUt1qlq9k4o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_na99ubOPUt1qlq9k4o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_na99ubOPUt1qlq9k4o5_1280.jpg

The stable's getting more and more full...

tumblr_na99ubOPUt1qlq9k4o6_1280.jpg

All comments much appreciated! :)

Edited by Shelby 427 1965

Pretty impressive build for one day Tomo, nice one mate B) !

These GT4s were quite potent in their time and were not cheap if you wanted to buy the road going version, the misses and I searched high and low here in Australia for one and the majority of the ones we found all had a hard life and needed serious work.......so she settled for the SXR Celica... ;)