Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anyone seen this kit on the shelves ?

Greg Myers

Looks like Archie made some changes since the last time I checked on him

lif4.148a.jpg

I don't remember Archie's car looking this cool. This must be the new version? When ever I've seen Archie comics in resent years, he' been driving a red '65 Mustang. Which is cool. But I like the above better. Going to have to look for the comic and add it to my collect. I like the looks of it.

Scott

I don't remember Archie's car looking this cool. This must be the new version? When ever I've seen Archie comics in resent years, he' been driving a red '65 Mustang. Which is cool. But I like the above better. Going to have to look for the comic and add it to my collect. I like the looks of it.

Scott

The last time I paid any attention to anything Archie-related was 40-some years ago, but back then he had a fairly stock 4-door jalopy. Not being a comic book fan, I have no idea when their 25th anniversary was. I happened to find this image by Googling "Archie's jalopy". As you can see it shows some obvious modifications were made to the original. To my way of thinking, the "Archie" artists may have actually come up with the car the OP is showing. By combining aspects of the jalopy with somewhat more modern items ('73 'Stang front end etc), it may be meant to symbolize Archie's glacial transition from Old Skool comic character to a more current version. Or it could just be due to mushrooms. yesnod.gif

Edited by Monty