Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moon Eyes Dragster

Doctordarryl

Been on a tear building old 60s style front engine dragsters and was looking at my kit stash and wondered what to start next (I will post my latest builds later this week).

I started the Moon Eyes dragster. Here are two images of the in progress build. Used my magneto cap decal and made some hose and clamp decals that turned out well (the zoomed in shot shows them better).

This is the chassis from the Mickey Thompson Attempt One with appropriate modifications (removed webbing in the rear roll bar and added gussets for the front and rear roll bars). Used the Revell 283 parts pack engine. The rear wheels are the 4-window Halibrands from the AMT 33 Willys gasser kit,

Will post mode images in the Under Glass forum when finished.

I will have a decal set for the Moon Eyes dragster after I finish this build which will include the correct moon eyes, a magneto cap decal, and the hose and clamps decals.

post-7848-0-15684400-1410122428_thumb.jp

post-7848-0-30911700-1410122455_thumb.jp

I also have been wanting to do one of these, or something very much in the same vein. I have an Attempt I in the stash, have been looking for cycle wheels--and then recently opened up a Tweety Pie, oh joy oh joy! Model on--we'll be watching!

Very cool build and it's off to a great start. I would love to do one of these in 1/16th scale.

I bet this get moved to the drag racing section....

I'll post pictures in "Under Glass" when it is finished. If they move it to the drag racing forum, so be it but I understand that Under Glass is for finished models - regardless of what they are - no additional qualifiers so they should leave it there and not move it.