Model Cars Magazine Forum

Get The Lead Out...

Mad Modeler

I haven't posted anything here in a while. Some of you probably saw this on another board earlier this week. I was undecided about showing it here but I see other folks doing it so, what the heck, I thought I'd crossover...

So, the paint is good ol' Testors enamels. I used Boyds Lime Pearl and mixed in quite a few drops of Aluma Coupe Yellow Pearl and a few more drops of Bright Green Pearl and this is what I ended up with. I mixed a couple of the small bottles of Testors Lime Gold, let the pigment settle and drained off the carrier to tint Testors Gloss Clear enamel for a little candy. Interior is white pearl nail polish with black flocking. Sorry, didn't take any pictures of the interior before assembly. Mixed some Tamiya Clear Orange and Silver for the engine and accent colors. The chassis is painted with several different shades of nail polish. Radiator, mount, exhaust are different Alclads.

Applied a few custom touches of my own. Filled in the front turn signal holes and did without. Rounded the rear hood corners and filled in the gaps/holes behind the hood/firewall. Cut out the battery and smoothed the inner fenders and firewall. Frenched an antenna in the front fender. Made a couple *bullets* to replace the windshield wipers. Shaved the drip rails. Scratched some smooth wheel skirts. Used the turn signal lens from the Poncho grill for tail lights. Lowered it as much as I could. The hubcaps are from the AMT 57 300C Custom kit. Still needs a tag, undecided on what to name it...

49%20Merc%20001.jpg

49%20Merc%20002.jpg

49%20Merc%20004.jpg

49%20Merc%20005.jpg

49%20Merc%20006.jpg

49%20Merc%20008.jpg

49%20Merc%20009.jpg

A couple of things were left undone and others I'd do differently the next time around but there she is. Hope you like it

Tony

Man, there have been some beautiful models posted here lately, and this is another one!!!! I can't believe the finish you got on this one using model enamels!!! I gave them up years ago in favor of automotive lacquers, but this is a stunning color you made for this baby!! I have several of these kits, now i guess I need to get busy and build one.