Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Alcoa 10 hole split rims & some other parts

I do miss workin the machine shop, but the pay check driving helps with that.

Well, down here its the opposite. Most of my trucker friends have folded up and work for someone else. Most of the machinists I know have weathered the recession. Just to clarify, Id rather be drivin, but drivin 30 years ago.

VERY COOL MACHINE WORK TERRY.

CAN I ASK HOW YOU DID THE TREAD AREA?

THANKS, TOM

Well, after stressing about how I was going to cut the tread I started looking for 1/8 car tires and things like that. I came across some 1/14 RC truck that were perfect. I grooved out the alum tire, cut the sidewalks off the 1/14 tire, and wrapped it in. It worked perfectly.

D83846C2-1656-47D7-863A-976815C6B167_zps

42024062-AC6D-4F7C-8765-2B03FEE74306_zps

F5AAA3E6-3349-4B80-B399-19F0F07E1A04_zps

Well, after stressing about how I was going to cut the tread I started looking for 1/8 car tires and things like that. I came across some 1/14 RC truck that were perfect. I grooved out the alum tire, cut the sidewalks off the 1/14 tire, and wrapped it in. It worked perfectly.

D83846C2-1656-47D7-863A-976815C6B167_zps

GREAT IDEA TERRY, THANKS

About 10 years from now I expect to see a Pete 351 completely made from alloys. Kinda like that WWII Corsair a guy made years back.

That is some really fine craftsmanship Terry !

Thanks Sean. 10 yrs from now, I should have a fully operational 1:1 Pete 351 model. Complete with 1 piece vinyl tires, chrome plated 5th wheel, steerable front wheels, and fully detailed interior.

• 4 weeks later...

i have the 1/16 cummins ntc 400 and the australia 8v 92 t detroit and 8v 71 and the 8v 71 t and 12v 71and the 3406 cat I will be working on a 671 Detroit DO YOU KNOW when you will some of the parts ready for us to get from you .Thank !

I dont know definitly. Im still working on the hubs and drums. Somehow my hole pattern is off, so I had to start over. I also am going to make brake shoes.