Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt '69 Chevelle Chassis

Has anyone found a better detailed chassis to fit the amt '69 Chevelle? I would like to build some '68, '69 Chevelles and a Beaumont, but I can't get past the chassis. Be nice to eventually get an all new tool '68/'69 Chevelle some day.

I would agree that the 442 chassis is a good choice.

OK, you GM guys answer me this..................Will that '69 442 chassis work for GM intermediates after '72? :lol:

I'm thinking of a detailed project down the road which'll involve turning the just released '75 Chevy Laguna S-3 stocker into a street car.

Were the wheelbases and frame rails the same for the '73-'77 cars?

I second the olds 442 W-30 kits chassis choice, lots more detail and as a matter of fact, when doing a frame off restoration of my 1:1 1970 Chevelle at the time, I was able to replace my damaged frame with a 69 Cutlass frame which was in nice condition. So it is a match.

ARM_MAG.jpg

Thanks for the tip. There rear section of the frame (behind the rear bumpr) on my '70 Chevelle is all twisted from someone pulling it with a chain or something. A local wrecker has a couple '70 Cutlass hardtops with nice frames.

Is that a picture of your Chevelle, looks nice. You says its a '70, but why does it have a '71-'72 rear bumper?

Edited by Mike Chernecki