Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Ford pickup interior ideas?

I pulled out my AMT 53 Ford F100 that I started working on several years ago. I am going for a modern, pro touring look. I have been trying to fit a Prowler interior, but it is looking like it may be more work then it is worth. Any thoughts or pics of some other interior ideas for the truck?

The problem with a pickup from the 1950s is that the interior is tall. So to use any cool modern car seats, you'd have to make a base for them. Maybe a late model pickup seat with a console? Dash wise, you could adapt a modern dash, but a lot of customizers take the stock dash and smooth it out, that is sand off all the detail. Then you could do a modern dash pod, even if it's just gauge decals.. from memory, I believe that interior only had door detail engraved on the inside of the body. It was poorly done, and wasn't the right shape. You could make door panels, or adapt kit door panels. What ever you do to that interior, there is no quick fix that will just pop in there and be cool. Everything will be a bit of work. Just a matter of how much time and energy you wish to devote to it.