Model Cars Magazine Forum

Milling.

Hi guys.

My birthday is next month, and I'm looking for a mini mill. I've read some great stories about the Sherline equipment, but I haven't seen them in Europe. With a bit of googling I found the Proxxon MF70, which is about perfect size wise. I won't be milling detailed parts for a good amount of time since I have to get back into the process again, but I wanted to know if anyone here has got any experience with this particular machine?

Thanks in advance.

Lucas.

Hi Lucas,

I personally don't have any experience with the Proxxon Milling Unit.

I really like Proxxon machines. Designed and made in EU. Lots of value for a decent price!

The MF70 seems to be a top of the line product from Proxxon. For the price of approx. €250 to €650, maybe a shop could offer a trial machine to use?

Michael

I want to start with simple things, and when I'm comfortable with it, I might try my hand at valvecovers or something like that.

I went to the store today to look at it, and it's smaller than I thought, but about perfect size. It would enable me to place it on my workbench without losing too much space.

Hi Lucas, that sounds good.

I wanted another hand piece / micro-motor so I chose the Proxxon. It's great. Lightweight and slender design, with lots of power to cut metal, and the speeds are variable from like 3 to 20 K. I want to do some precision drilling so I'll be getting the drill press unit next. The micro motor fits in it, as for other units as well. Proxxon has a good system for lots of hobby use.

Good luck in your further ventures.

Michael