Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite truck builds

Nearly all of my own trucks aren't yet my favorites because they need fixing of some description. But I think my '34 Ford salt spreader needs no fixing, so I'll call it my favorite for the time being.

gallery_12144_1240_38224.jpg

Favorites among other folks' models changes from time to time, but I'd say I still have a particular weakness for Tim Ahlborn's reproduction of "Will Chandler's temporary truck" from the Movin' On TV series.

Raiderfromadistance61712-vi.jpg

My favorite of my own models is pretty easy...

002_zpsmp6iyjoj.jpg

For all the horror tales I've heard about this kit, and the fact that I'm not fond of the 122" BBC version of the Road Boss, I think it looks better to me every time I see it sitting on the shelf.

As far as my favorite from another modeler? I can't find a pic, but I believe I'd have to go with the red Diamond REO Apollo built by Anthony Oteri a couple of years ago.

That's the one. I thought it was on the Sourkraut gallery, but of course I never thought to look there. :lol: But anyway- check out those photos and tell me that isn't the perfect Diamond REO.

It is definitly a perfect build. The pinstriping and baby moons on the spokes are what makes it for me.

Doesn't help he deletes his pics after they've been up for a little while. I remember that truck though, it did look good.

I would rather give credit to someone who doesn't delete their complete thread after a week.

Rule of the internet - without pics it didn't happen ! ;)

Edited by Old Buckaroo

That's the one. I thought it was on the Sourkraut gallery, but of course I never thought to look there. :lol: But anyway- check out those photos and tell me that isn't the perfect Diamond REO.

Thanks for the compliment Chuck. I always felt that this was AMT's best truck kit, aside from the mirrors. I only wish they gave it longer fuel tanks, maybe to extend beyond the rear cab mount. Edited by Modeltruckbuilder

This is a tough thing to pick one model out of my entire collection.....I can't really say.....I'm thinking I like my wreckers the most.....They keep jumping out at me, I guess.....

My 1/25 scale Lonestar wrecker

0091024x715_zpsb516a880.jpg

And my 1/16 scale Pete

067a_zps4e57e109.jpg

As far as someone else's builds....Hmmm....I'll have to get back to you on that one....Soooo many.....

Edited by kilrathy10