Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Scallop Decals?

The International Scout that I'm building is a replica of a truck that had a white scallop design on the doors. Does anyone know of a kit decal of a white scallop?

I had a sheet of K-Dog decals of white scallops that I had bought and saved for this project, but it disintegrated.

Tom - I have a Fred Cady white scallop sheet I believe - do you have an idea of size and shape? I can dig it out and check.

The area is 1-3/4" long by a bit more than a 1/2" high. Thanks Eric!

I do have white decal paper, but fear I wouldn't be able to cut the tight curves inside the design.

I was hoping that someone would mention a kit decal, maybe even one I had in my stash! I did find a little pin striping design I could use, different but still filling in the door space with a white design

Edited by Tom Geiger

The area is 1-3/4" long by a bit more than a 1/2" high. Thanks Eric!

I do have white decal paper, but fear I wouldn't be able to cut the tight curves inside the design.

I was hoping that someone would mention a kit decal, maybe even one I had in my stash! I did find a little pin striping design I could use, different but still filling in the door space with a white design

My wife got a Silhouette Cutter for her hobby and I've been dying to try it out on decals. I'd be happy to try some scallops on white decal paper if you can send me the artwork, Tom. I use Photoshop for my graphics work so I should be able to use anything you come up with. Send me a PM if you'd like to try.

Edited by Foxer

My wife got a Silhouette Cutter for her hobby and I've been dying to try it out on decals. I'd be happy to try some scallops on white decal paper if you can send me the artwork, Tom. I use Photoshop for my graphics work so I should be able to use anything you come up with. Send me a PM if you'd like to try.

You could cut scallops out of a sheet of white decal paper. Hobby Lobby carries it, be sure to use the discount.

Thanks. I spent the evening trying that. I printed my scallops on the back of the decal sheet and tried to cut it out. As I suspected, the issue became the tiny little curve. I tried to cut it with the eXacto blade using a metal drafting template. No go, I just couldn't cut a half circle that tiny. Once I did get a sloppy scallop cut out, I tested it in water, and it shattered. I guess all that work cutting out the tiny decal flexed the decal material too much.

As of right now, I found a tiny "flourish" a small pin stripe arch design that was on the old Green Hornet decal sheet. I went through six of them to get two to go on the doors! Somehow these just wouldn't separate from the backing sheet, and I wound up piecing them together once they did. Not a good night with decals!