Model Cars Magazine Forum

possible Re-issue

Just looking at the two, I'd say that the Revell trailer looks more mid 1970's and the AMT trailer was early 60's. I have a few pictures that are mid-50's and they usually hauled no more than 4 at a time. I'd love to have that AMT trailer reissued (Round 2?).

Just looking at the two, I'd say that the Revell trailer looks more mid 1970's and the AMT trailer was early 60's. I have a few pictures that are mid-50's and they usually hauled no more than 4 at a time. I'd love to have that AMT trailer reissued (Round 2?).

Correct on your information, Tom.

The Revell kit could certainly pass for current equipment if you were aiming to build a representation of an independent car hauler who does auction work. The thing about a fancy-pants over the sleeper Cottrell system is it's REALLY expensive, somewhere in the 6 figures range if you supply the truck. The upside is more cars, the downside is you're limiting yourself to a "coffin" bunk truck. Can't stand-up and only 4 foot deep. Running a 5-6 car 5th wheel style like the kit and you can put it behind any tractor, and it's half the price.

PMTG who used to run all-enclosed car haulers recently switched to 8 car over the sleeper Cottrells on Western Stars which other than Peterbilt appear to be the only trucks you can order with small flat-top sleepers on Lo-Pro tires and rims now that Sterlings aren't made anymore.

• 2 months later...