Model Cars Magazine Forum

California Hauler paint & decals

Hi fellas. I tested tamiya ts 7 racing white. It's close but its about 1 shade lighter than the decals. I plan on using it because I don't always have access to an airbrush, plus trying to mix that colour would be a nightmare as I don't have access to a wide range of paints either. Cheers.

Ben

If you had 2 sets of them you could apply 1 over the other and then the color should be true,they are sort of transparent,that is why they dont look real white,Or as someone mentioned is to paint the white under them,if you were using base coat/Clearcoat the base is very thin and would not leave much of an edge,i would just put on a mist coat of white and it would help with the decal not bleeding through,Spray both colors and apply the decals then clearcoat it,it would really pop in the sun. Harvey

If you mess with acrylics, consider Vallejo. They have oodles of whites/creams. It is only about $3 a bottle full price at Hobby Lobby though HL does not carry the full line. It can be diluted down for use in an airbrush. Vallejo's website has real good color charts.

Good luck.

Peace.

Edited by olsbooks

• 2 weeks later...